Thursday, August 20, 2009

A WILD one for C-shifts last day

It's been another one of "those" days but the good thing is that in just a few short hours, Im outta here for 13 days! The morning started off with promise. The brothers of A-shift all met here to go on a little float trip. With a group like the one gathered I was kinda glad we were working. Here they are planning to leave

All those men and just 1 canoe?? And how bout the fella with the crazed look aflexing his muscles?


Wonder how it all worked out?? Sounds like a movie I once seen...

LMAO!!! Squeal like a pig boy!

OK OK I'm just funning (but we do owe em one for the post they made on us). The guys made it back just fine and said they had a really good float despite the fishing being a little off. And, all kidding aside, that's what makes this house such a good one. All the shifts do things together on their days off. It makes a great bond between the brothers and only makes us stronger when on duty. Ok on with the day... We started off with EMS con-ed..WoooHooo! BORING!!! Although the boys did enjoy seeing me in the back of a Medic unit

Just a glorified taxi to get me back to the ol War Wagon :-)
After class, it was lunch, a wash down for both pieces and brass polishing in the house. Then it was wreck after wreck. We had a decent storm roll through this evening here's a view looking from the County towards the City and one from my seat.


The good thing about the storm??? We found our long lost Cop pal Combs. He must have taken a shot to the head in that last scuffle he was in because he now thinks he's Evil Kenivel. Guess that cushy promotion has made him soft.. when he was beating the streets ( and perp's heads)he would have never "ducked for cover". Put him on a Harley and he turns soft on us... what do ya do?

Guess he was still getting wet so he decided to relocate. How does this look running out of the house? As much as I begged, he wouldn't let me or Tyrone take her around the block.


The other good thing about the storm? Just like at the Hippie Hotel, we now have a pool too. I posted in the past about their "pool". Learn about it in this post or here.



At least Tyrone had on some of his SWR gear (that's a life jacket he's wearing). I mentioned wrecks, and we've had a couple good ones. The 1st took us all the way to the County. A 4 vehicle chain accident with minor injuries handled with the Brothers from Medic Unit #4.


The 2nd looked worse but also netted minor injuries. This one was handled with the Brothers from The 12th Street Express Engine #5, Engine #13, Medic 4 and Medic Unit 101.


I know, I know this is a long one but just a few more quick notes and I'll stop. We had a visitor the other day and it took me a while to get the pic where I could post it. Retired Chief Southall stopped by at lunch. He retired as Chief of Operations. During his career, he worked through the ranks and made it as high as "acting" Chief of Department. He was also stationed right here at #9 for a good while. He said he has a lot of good memories from this house. Stop back ANYTIME Chief.

We also want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Lt. Dean Russell (from up at Lucky 13)and his wife on the birth of their new daughter. Moma, baby and even Deano are all doing fine. OK, I'll stop here, just a few more hours until Capt. Bedwell from B-shift relieves me early so I can get a head start on my 13 days off. Heading to Nashville. THANKS Capt. Yall check in on the boys next cycle and make sure they're behaving. If they're not, GET OUT OF THEIR WAY! They're dangerous LOL. Everyone stay safe, and keep em in the house tonight.


UPDATE: Apparently today was the last one on duty for Captain Charlie "CHUCK" Fotchman. Chuck left #11 station tonight at around 6pm to go into retirment. I believe his last day on the books will be Sept. 1st. I worked as Chuck's Lt. at station #6 and really enjoyed the time. Most of his career was spent at #2 on C-shift. I searched Rhetts blog and could only fine 1 set of pics. Here is the link, Im sure there will be more from other bloggers soon or if you have some send em to us and we'll get em up. Either way, GOOD LUCK and ENJOY the good life Chuck!
Capt. Wines

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not see the exhaust system hooked up to that little bicycle while it was inside...lol